Sunday, September 13, 2009

10 Minute Drama

I have an idea for a 10 minute drama.


Protagonist: Demography Teacher (woman)

Problem: Birthrates have fallen drastically for the past century. Teachers are being sent to encourage students to have families and start having more children.

Moral Lack: The teacher is afraid of rejection.

Desire: Wants the students she is teaching to understand the seriousness of the problem.

Inciting Incident: The teacher walks into the classroom and starts the review.

Rising Action: She starts with a review of the world population throughout history and how humans have affected it. Then she begins explaining how families are useful to world economy. The students are a little confused by some of her terminology.

Climax: The students begin arguing with the teacher and disagree with her facts.

Self-revelation: Her efforts are fruitless and the world is going to continue to fail.

Denouement: The teacher wraps things up and leaves disappointed.


Who: a demography teacher and students

What: a lecture about the importance of having families and more children

Where: a classroom

When: about 100 years in the future

Why: the government has realized the importance of having families and is trying to encourage people to have families

How: teachers are sent to classes to teach the students what has been discovered


I don’t know if I can put everything I want to in ten minutes, but I’m going to try, because I think this can have a very powerful message. Maybe someday I’ll write it as long as I want. I can see it lasting about half an hour when I finally get it the way I want it. There will be a lot of research that I will have to do. I need to know what the world population has been like since the beginning of time. I’ll have to find out what the stats are on it now. Most of the information that I gather will be from Demographic Winter.

No comments: