Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My First Snap Project




Last month, I participated in a co-op to get snaps for 40% off the normal price. I, also, got snap pliers and an awl for 30% off the normal price. I got my snaps on Monday, so I was very eager to learn how to use them and get started on my first project. The hook and loop on some of our Bumgenius 4.0s has been coming apart, making the diapers useless. I tried to sew it back on, but PUL is very sticky and I couldn’t get it to slide easily when I took the extension table off. So, I found this tutorial about how to convert the hook and loop to snaps. It took me about an hour to do the whole thing, and since I wasn’t at a sewing machine, I got to watch TV at the same time. Now I have another working diaper and I hope this means less washing. My next project will be to finish all of the newborn diapers. I'm going to make all of them with snaps, because I'm sick of how much effort it takes to keep hook and loop nice.

No comments: